While it is a rare occurance, sometimes it may take 15 minutes for payment gateway to clear the transaction. Some other reasons are as follow:
For online transactions
1. The transaction has been sent to the credit card issuer for authorization and is pending for a response from the card issuer.
2. Payment has been rejected by the card issuer without disclosing any reasons of the rejection by the card issuer.
3. Internal error indicates our connection to payment server is unavailable/down.
4. Failed transaction - could not locate payment for the order.
5. Technical errors (i.e. Payment Gateway scheduled maintenance, technical error on payment gateway’s side which resulted in the inability to receive IPN corresponding with the order).
6. PayPal e-check: When the account has insufficient funds, PayPal will issue e-check. Usually, it will take up to 5 days for PayPal e-check clearance. PayPal e-check is defined as the following: Sending an e-check is just like writing a check, only you send it through your computer. It’s also called an electronic funds transfer, because you withdraw money directly from your bank account. When you send money with an e-check from a U.S. bank account, the transaction is held as pending for 3-4 business days, until the electronic funds transfer clears your bank. From a Canadian bank account, the transaction is held as pending for 7-8 business days.
For offline transactions
1. We will proceed with the order once customer has transferred the payment to our banking account.
2. To expedite the procedure, please remember to provide a copy of the payment receipt once payment is transferred.
3. The processing time will depends on the type of payment that you have selected during the checkout procedure.